Author Topic: New ships crashing *sometimes* in my ICW submod  (Read 826 times)

Offline LegoStarWarsEU

• Foreigner
New ships crashing *sometimes* in my ICW submod
« on: August 08, 2017, 08:34:07 pm »
Hi,

You might have seen my NJO Compilation mod over on Mod DB - it's in the very early stages and is a submod for the Imperial Civil War mod. I wonder if somebody on the YVAW team might be able to help me with one particular problem?

Some of the new ships I have added to Imperial Civil War crash the game if they are in the reinforcement box. The crash comes right at the start of the battle, before the UI appears. It definitely appears linked to the presence of certain ships in the game.

To try and get some help or suggestions I've released a very small-scale pre-alpha. Would anyone from the team/anyone with some modding experience be able to offer some advice? The download can be found here: http://www.moddb.com/mods/new-jedi-order-compilation

Thank you - I've said before elsewhere on the forum I can't wait to play YVAW. My own efforts a truly modest in comparison.

Offline Kad_Venku

• Administrator
  • Senior Lt.
Re: New ships crashing *sometimes* in my ICW submod
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2017, 05:28:08 pm »
@LegoStarWarsEU Have you tried narrowing down the crash source?
Like swapping the crashing unit's models with working ones to make sure it's not the model crashing them, or using a working unit and just swapping out the model with the crashing unit's one?
Have you tried removing the hardpoints, abilities and so on, once you've made sure it's not the model, but the code?

Offline LegoStarWarsEU

• Foreigner
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2017, 08:50:11 pm »
Hello I have tried all of that, and looked at the shaders. I fear the mods may just be incompatible. I just don't understand how it can work 10 times and then break once...

Offline Kad_Venku

• Administrator
  • Senior Lt.
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2017, 02:35:51 pm »
I've just had a similar issue. Are you sure all hardpoints are properly defined? (Like attachment bones fire bones etc.)