Author Topic: MC-55 Community Released Pack [Migrated from ModDB]  (Read 685 times)

Offline Migrator [Bot]

• Foreigner
MC-55 Community Released Pack [Migrated from ModDB]
« on: March 04, 2017, 02:43:44 pm »
Hello YVaW team, I've got a small concern. The MC-55 pack released I think has a audio problem. Some of the weapons on the front of the ship (I believe it is the turbolasers) do not have an audio file associated with the weapon firing. Is this an issue on my end or is there an issue with the files provided?

Offline Migrator [Bot]

• Foreigner
Re: MC-55 Community Released Pack [Migrated from ModDB]
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2017, 02:43:51 pm »
I didn't download that ship but it sounds like an easy fix. Just open the hardpoints xml and look for the hardpoints that aren't making a noise. Find the line of code that looks like this <Fire_SFXEvent> ### <Fire_SFXEvent>. That stuff in the middle should say something like Unit_Rebel_Ship_Laser_Fire or something turbolaser fire so if it isn't working compare it against ones that are and copy and paste that line there. There really only is Rebel ship, Imperial ship, Ion cannon and turbolaser SFX files in the standard game I think. Probably files for the missiles too.

Offline Migrator [Bot]

• Foreigner
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2017, 02:44:01 pm »
Just want to report the possible error, if it is on their end. No offense YVaW :) but yea thank you Striker11, thank you for the solution. I'll definitely look into finding the weapons that are causing the problem and replace the file path.

Offline Wariscool

• Staff
  • Ensign
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2017, 02:44:10 pm »
We have only added a small amount of audio and we haven't released any audio files so that will be why. I suggest you just use the vanilla files for now